Description of Audience Score
In essence, the Audience Score is a value that indicates how likely a user is to finishing a purchase. To do this, we examine the behavior of users and buyers determining which variables are decisive for them to end an order.
Once identified, we determine the value of the the variables for those users who don’t finish an order and assign a score based on how close the user was to becoming a buyer.
We upload this score into Google Analytics and then we can segment, based on this we create audiences using them for remarketing campaigns, email etc …
With this we can direct our marketing to segments with great tendency to conversion and maximizing your investment.
How does it work
The Audience Score works by analyzing each of the sessions of users who access the site. Examines dozens of variables, that happen during the visit, applies logistic regression techniques and finally, based on that analysis, assigns a score based on the tendency to complete the purchase (or converting) the user. Some examples of the variables are examining the duration of the visit, number of sessions, days since your last visit etc.
After calculating the score, this is uploaded daily on Google Analytics on the “measurement protocol”.
With this value, we can create an audience of users with a score greater than or equal to 95 (users about to buy) who have not placed an order. Then we can import it into AdWords for example, to impact them with a remarketing campaign.
In order to have the Audience Score in your page you need to meet the following requirements:
- Have a proper implementation of Google Analytics.
- Ideally this implementation should be premium but it’s not a requirement.
- Additionally you will need to complete the data collected with additional information to help us better profile for the user.
Advantages of using Audience Score
The main advantages that the audience score provides are:
- This is a statistical model designed and customized 100% for each business, we don’t treat everyone “equally” what we do is study what variables are really determining on your site. This allows for much greater precision than with an automated tool.
- Once we have the results of the score in Analytics we can use them as we wish, whether to personalize content, use audiences for good marketing or mailing campaigns (it may require additional configuration).
- 100% integration with AdWords and with DoubleClick.